Despite the fact that it is often overshadowed by its more famous neighbor to the west, San Francisco, Oakland, California has plenty of fun and interesting things to see and do to delight the kid in all of us. Whether you live in the Oakland area or are planning a visit, there’s no better way to get around and experience these cool destinations than by renting an Oakland limousine to transport you and your friends and family in comfort and style!
Oakland limos are more affordable than you might think and at the end of the day, they may actually save you money after you factor in the costs of rental cars, parking, and especially, gasoline. What’s more, renting an Oakland limo allows you to forget about maps and traffic hassles so you can focus on having fun while you and your guests travel to the interesting destinations on your itinerary. Here’s a list of 11 great destinations to visit in an Oakland limousine!
1. Western Aerospace Museum – For a hands-on experience that aviation fans of all ages will love, this museum can’t be beat. Located on the North Field of Oakland Airport, this facility features walk-through tours of a wide range of aircraft, a wealth of aviation exhibits, and is home to the last remaining specimens of several aircraft. The museum and gift shop are open Wednesday through Sunday year-round including most holidays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 510.638.7100 for more information.
2. Jack London Square – For shopping, dining, and entertainment options in one location, it’s tough to beat Jack London Square. Its waterfront location coupled with a variety of interesting markets makes it one of the most popular destinations in the area. Have your limo driver drop you off at either the north or south end and pick you up at the opposite end so you can stroll through the place at your leisure. The Square is open year-round and their hotline for current event info is 1.866.295.9853.
3. USS Hornet Museum – This legendary aircraft carrier is moored at nearby Alameda Point and served in World War II and was part of the Apollo 11 space mission. Four levels of the ship are open for touring and there’s a lot more walking than you might think so wear comfortable shoes! The Hornet is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day of the year except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day. For more information call 510.521.8448.
4. Golden State Warriors games – Savvy Warriors fans heading to a game at ORACLE arena know that Oakland limo rentals come equipped with a designated driver so they can relax with their favorite beverages to and from the game and get dropped off right at the door! For Warriors schedule and ticket information, call 1.800.GSW.HOOP.
5. Redwood Regional Park – Pack a picnic lunch and roll down the windows for a leisurely limo cruise through majestic Redwood Regional Park. Minutes from downtown Oakland, these stately Sequoias provide the perfect backdrop for biking, hiking, picnicking, and many other outdoor pursuits. The park is open from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. year-round.
6. Oakland Raiders games – The colorful and passionate fans of the Raiders have earned a reputation for ardent support no matter what kind of season the team is having. An Oakland limousine provides the ultimate tailgating experience with multiple TVs and plenty of room to relax to and from the game. For Raiders ticket information, call 1.800.RAIDERS.
7. Robert Crown Memorial State Beach – Located in nearby Alameda, this gorgeous park features 2.5 miles of beach bordered by a bird sanctuary, a visitor’s center with information of the park’s past when it was an amusement park, and lots of open space for picnics. Even in the summer, temperatures can be cool so throw an extra layer of clothing in the limo and pack a picnic lunch! The park is open from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
8. Oakland A’s games – The next time you and your friends are heading to an A’s game at McAfee Coliseum, rent an Oakland limo and forget about parking and traffic hassles. Arrange for the limo to drop you and your crew off at your favorite sports bar after the game and leave the designated driving to your chauffeur! For A’s schedule and ticket information, visit http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com.
9. Huckleberry Botanic Regional Preserve – Another east Bay Area jewel, this park features a unique mix of trees and chaparral and is a marvelous place to hike and picnic. Pack the kids, a camera, and a lunch basket into the limo and enjoy a beautiful day outdoors. The park is open from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. all year round.
10. Children’s Fairyland – This children’s park which features fairy tale exhibits ‘brought to life’ opened in 1950 and inspired Walt Disney to open Disneyland. This landmark endures to this day and is located at 699 Bellevue Avenue in Oakland. The park is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday and you can call the park’s general information line at 510.238.6876.
11. Chabot Space and Science Center – With huge, interactive displays, a massive IMAX theater screen, and workshops to delight novices and aficionados alike, this unique complex provides something interesting for everyone. The Center is closed on Mondays, Tuesdays, July 4th, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day with hours that vary depending on the day. For more information, call the Center’s information line at 510.336.7300.
This list is a good start for great destinations to visit in an Oakland limousine but hardly complete! Use these destinations if you like to inform your decisions and help you plan the perfect itinerary for you and your friends and family. Renting an Oakland limo costs a lot less than you might think and leaving the driving to a pro will let you focus more on having fun and less on circling for a parking space!